Are you a first year or entering student, wanting to round out your schedule for Spring 2014? Remember to look for 1-credit seminars that can balance out your schedule!
Here are some places to look on SPIRE, to see what might work for you:
- FFYS 197... Faculty First-Year Seminars. A number of these seminars, for first-year students, still have seats available. Capped at 18 students, these seminars provide an opportunity to connect with faculty and students on a topic of shared interest.
- UNIV 125 OASIS Seminars. Designed for first-year undeclared students, these seminars are taught by academic advisors, and provide extensive information about how to get the most out of your UMass experience and be successful.
- UNIV 125T OASIS for Transfers. Same as above, but for transfer students in their first or second semester at UMass.
- UNIV 190L Demystifying University Research. In this hybrid class (several in-class meetings and the rest through Moodle), you'll develop the information literacy skills you'll need for college and beyond.
- UNIV 192G OASIS: Moving Forward. Designed for students who have faltered academically, this course reinforces solid academic skills and declaring the major that best fits the student.