Monday, March 23, 2009

The "W" Deadline is tomorrow!
Tuesday, March 24th at 5:00 pm

What do I need to do to get a "W"? To
drop a course with a "W", complete a Course Change Request form (including a signature from your instructor) and turn it in to the Registrar’s Office by no later than 5:00 pm. A Dean's signature is NOT required on the form. However, if you can't locate your instructor for a signature, check with the departmental office and/or (if you are undeclared) go to the Dean's Office Drop-in Hours.

What's a "W" mean?
After the add/drop deadline (two weeks into a semester), you can remove a course from your schedule by submitting a course withdrawal (also known as a w-drop). The deadline for the w-drop is the mid-semester point (March 24th for Spring '09). The course will remain listed on your transcript with a “W” for a grade. One or two “W’s” on your transcript is no problem, but a pattern of “W’s” is not recommended.

In what situations should I think about a "W"?
You should talk to an advisor when you're thinking about withdrawing from a course. Some possible reasons to withdraw could be:
a) you anticipate failing a course;
b) one course is impacting your success in other courses;
c) you are overwhelmed by the number of credits you are taking.
Remember: You need to maintain 12 credits to be a full-time student.

What if I miss the deadline (3/24 at 5:00 pm in the Registrar's Office)?
There will be no extension to the deadline. If you want to drop a course after the 3/24/09 and you are an undeclared student, you will need to attend Dean's Office Drop-in Hours and complete a type-written petition that will be reviewed by the Academic Review Committee (within the Dean's Office).

No comments:

Post a Comment