Are you interested in taking a class at Amherst, Hampshire, Smith or Mt. Holyoke? Get ready for Five College Interchange pre-registration!
Pre-registration requests begin on April 1 and end on April 19. These dates may be different from your UMass enrollment appointment! Anyone can request to pre-register starting on April 1 even if they can't start enrolling in UMass classes until later.
The registration procedure for Five College Interchange classes is different from your UMass enrollment process. Once you find the course(s) you want, read the detailed instructions on our website very carefully. The Five College Enrollment Request Form is available on SPIRE, but you cannot submit your registration through SPIRE. You must follow the UMass paperwork procedure and hand in two copies of the UMass paperwork to the UMass Five College Interchange office located in 613 Goodell.
- Pre-registration is a request, it is not guaranteed.
- You must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- You must be registering for at least one 3-credit UMass course.
- You can only request to pre-register by handing in two copies of the UMass paperwork to the UMass Five College Interchange office located in 613 Goodell.
- You also have an opportunity to register for Five College Interchange classes during the UMass add/drop period in the Fall.