Wednesday, November 21, 2012

SEMINAR Options for Spring 2012

Taking a seminar is a good way to round out your schedule - both in terms of your credit load, and also to balance out large lecture classes. First-Year students and students new to UMass Amherst have some great options available:
UNIV 125 - OASIS (1 credit, Pass/Fail) is a seminar designed to assist first-year undeclared students learn about academic opportunities available at UMass Amherst, and also to methodically explore major options. Additional sections of OASIS are tailored for Veterans (UNIV 125V) and for Transfers (UNIV 125T)
. Comment from former student: "I now know what my options as a student are and I'm much better prepared to do all that I want. I am more organized, and I have a plan to get the most out of my college education."
FFYS 197xxx - Faculty First-Year Seminars (1 credit) span a wide variety of topics, and offer first-year students an opportunity to work closely with a tenure/tenure track faculty in their first year in college. Spring offerings range from "Soccer History USA" to ""Technology Today:  Present YourSelf the Web 2.0 Way"" to "When People Get Together: The Good, The Bad, and the Funny" to "Introduction to Design Drawing" . . . and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment