- UNIV 125 is for freshmen (in their first or second semester at UMass);
- UNIV 125T is for transfers (in their first or second semester at UMass), and
- UNIV 192G is a slight variation of the seminar for students in academic difficulty.
Here's what students have recently said about taking OASIS:
- The requirements for this course allowed me to take a step back and think about what I want to do for the rest of my life and I appreciate that. I now have a set of tools and knowledge that will help me in the future without a doubt.
- If you are undeclared it is one of the best decisions you can make because you won't find personal attention regarding figuring out your life/major/education track anywhere else.
- Reflections forced me to think and ask myself if I was really satisfied with how my grades were and how my life was. This was a little uncomfortable however, it helped me tremendously.